Tuesday 7 October 2014

Balijup in Spring

I returned to Balijup last week. Having only seen the landscape under the summer heat and walked over dry lakes I was keen to see the changes after some rain. I had window of opportunity and I took it. This is what I found.





Water in all of the lakes. Even a few ducks and herons around.



 On the back lake there were even some swans but I didn't get out there. I only had a day. As it was I managed to get to six of the lakes and swamps on the property. There are a lot of wetlands there. I still find it amazing.



Beautiful golden button flowers carpet the ground on even the badly salt/alkaline affected lakes. 







The reflections were to be savoured.




As were the spring flowers.










And lichens.


Golden sticky modified leaves of a carnivorous Drosera.


Continuing the golden theme - a canola paddock. Last year this was a hay crop. 


A scarlet robin entertained me while I ate my lunch. Flying down to catch insects then up into the tree to look out for his next victim. The female was much more circumspect.






No comments:

Post a Comment